Friday, March 28, 2014
Jason Dill #8
I watched the new Supreme video last night. Here's eight random things I took away from it.
1. Cherry has a Mixtape and Peep This vibe.
2. There are more no complies than every video from the 1980s put together. There's no shortage of ollie impossibles either.
3. You get sightings of Tino Razo, Anthony Pappalardo, Scott Johnston, Brian Anderson, and a whole bunch more.
4. Paulo Diaz drops a bunch of unique tricks that only he does, including a massive nollie over a fence. This swings the 1990s Doomsday Clock a minute back away from midnight.
5. Dylan Rieder kicks ass. Alex Olson, too.
6. Is Dill the new Salman with the permanent wrist cast?
7. Would it have killed you guys to put some names with the skaters? I keep up with the new faces as much as an old dude can be expected to, but I was having a hard time figuring out who was who. The new blood deserves their names on the screen so we can identify them in the future. That minor gripe aside, the kids are tearing up the streets.
8. The Gonz went back at the end to paint the wall.
The photos are by Rodent and Greg Hunt.
Transworld - December 2009 Volume 27 Number 12