Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Take Skateboards.



Fifteen minutes of fame.

Unlike the Dart Wheels ad, which was a made up last minute space filler in Thrasher, I'm making the assumption that this was a real ad submitted by a real company. The Missouri address and phone number definitely adds to the credibility. The advertisement ran for a couple of months, too. So shout out to the crew who got things together enough to make some boards and run a full page ad in Thrasher twenty four years ago.

Thrasher - September 1991 Volume 11 Number 9

4 comments:

Justin said...

Dart Wheels:
http://vertisdead.blogspot.com/2012/01/dart-wheels.html

Ben said...

Pretty cool Shrewgy left a comment on your Dart ad. He sent me a couple of sets of trucks and wheels back in 1991.

Lucas said...

I'm pretty sure Phelps reviewed a Take board in Product Patrol once.

Tim Conneally said...

I realize this blog entry is super old. Just wanted to say I have "The Choice" deck hanging in my garage. Acquired it when I lived in DC through a random collector swap. When I moved from DC to Saint Louis, I hung up the deck because I thought it was region-appropriate even though I have no emotional attachment to the board/company/anything. If anybody who had anything to do with Take is interested in getting this deck back, hit me up.