Thursday, September 28, 2017

Ed Templeton #25.



"It's really fun for me to just go really fast. Going fast is a variation of tricks, in a way. I could spend the whole day just skating at Huntington High, and going fast. I like to try to go as fast as I can and push myself. I try to do a hard trick that people always do slow, going fast. The only tricks I can do are ollie impossibles, one-footed ollies, and nose bumps. I guess I suck, when you think about it."

You can probably add nose blunts and feeble grinds to Ed's self proclaimed lack of tricks.

For the quote: Transworld - June 1991 Volume 9 Number 6

Skateboarder - August 2007 Volume 16 Number 12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vaguely remember reading that, and I liked it. And also when Jeremy Klein said he had no interest in skating vert. Some people had / have the mentality that you should skate everything. I respected someone saying, This is what I like to do, so I just do that.