Thursday, September 14, 2017

Rick McCrank #5.



We make things roll nice.

Momentum is a Canadian based wheel company that has been around since the 1998. Artist Andrew Pommier does a lot of the graphics. The team currently includes Rick McCrank, Magnus Hanson, Nate Lacoste, Steven Burke, and more. Brandon Biebel, Danny Way, Jose Rojo, Corey Sheppard, and several others have ridden for them over the years.

Shout out to WKND for adding Alexis Sablone to the team. I know this was announced a couple weeks ago, but I'm running behind at life.

RIP Grant Hart.

Jeremiah Doubt took the photo.

Skateboarder - May 2006 Volume 15 Number 9

4 comments:

nonickname said...

Husker Du...remember taking the bus to buy the Candy Apple Grey cassette. Sad day.

Everyone should check out Rick's show Abandoned. its great.

Bought some Indy 144's today (which I really don't need) to get me out a of skating funk. Putting together a set up will push me back outside

Rikku Markka said...

When Rick McCrank first got announced as an am on Plan B, I didn't think he was a real person. The name seemed fake (like Jack Mehoff). Plus I read it in the news section of an issue of Big Brother so that added to my skepticism. It wasn't until he had a clip in the 411 Europe 1996 video that he became real to me.

nonickname said...

Rikku, I was taught fisheries biology/stream morphology by the nicest man ever, whose name was Jack Imhof (Trout Unlimited), I thought people were screwing with me when I first heard his name as well.

Justin said...

Now that you mention it, McCrank is a tad unusual for a last name. There's a local guy with the last name of McCool.