Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Omar Hassan #5.



Magic Carpet Ride.

Street Omar gaps out to something, probably a lipslide, on the same leftover piece of metal that Bo Ikeda was skating in a post from earlier this month. Omar would have been riding for Acme. Formula One was shifted over to include boards later on in the 1990s and only made round plastic things at this time. I was going to say this is the last Acme ad for a while, but I've got two Channel One ads lined up in the weeks ahead. Things are starting to get a little lean for content.

It's like summer outside today. There was rain to start the day and then it dried up so I got in some lunch break skateboarding at the park. It was mostly dry. I'm glad I went because the rain started up again for the afternoon. I went back to Jamestown to skate on Saturday and I cruised the park here on Sunday, too. It feels good to get a few days in a row of skateboarding in again.

The photo is by Chris Ortiz.

Transworld - May 1993 Volume 11 Number 5

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How you kept it this fat for so long is beyond me. I'm sure I'm older and been skating for a long time, but my mags were like baseball cards, mom chucked em.

Justin said...

In all honesty the work to do this is fairly minimal. Scanning doesn't take that long, except for two page spreads. Sometimes writing a caption or whatever can be a little bit of a challenge. The mags don't take up much room, at least to a point. Once there were more in the 2000s and they were all thicker is where storage starts to become a problem. As VID creeps toward the decade mark, I've been trying to figure out how much longer I want to keep doing this and on what sort of frequency. I've been really into the site called Stoke of the Week. One video clip with a couple of paragraphs written about it. There's the realization that so much has been scanned already and that there's a bunch of stuff after 2000 that really doesn't interest me all that much per se. I'm also a creature of habit that hates change so the blog has that going for it. I have had a couple of ideas recently pop up so that's good.

I got a closet full of baseball cards I need to sort through someday. It's gonna be rough.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the response justin. I for one appreciate your blog. Ha, I too have the cut off at 2000.