Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hollywood Team.



The A-List.

Hollywood was Kris Markovich's company under the Tum Yeto banner. He had been riding for Foundation and was getting a lot of offers from other brands so he opted to start his own gig with Tod Swank. He peaced out for Blind in 2003 and the set got dark soon after for Hollywood.

I settled on a bunch of stuff from the early 2000s for the current batch of scans. It feels like enough time has passed from that span that it is exciting to look at again. Of course, I'm probably only going to end up playing my favorites since by that point I had been skateboarding for fifteen years and had a fairly solid idea of what I liked versus what I wasn't into. Those Transworlds were thick and you don't always remember everything that was hidden in the back.

Transworld - December 2002 Volume 20 Number 12

3 comments:

nonickname said...

The next few posts should be all new for me, early 2000's I had just graduated college after being in university and working for a bit and was entering the 'real' work force/paying off debts/dating as an 'adult' so skating fell by the wayside. I always had a set-up but skating itself wasn't a priority and I was pretty unaware of what was going on. Staab's outfit however is glorious.

Henry said...

That's kind of how it was for me, too. I was working full time, going to college, and I was engaged to be married. Skateboarding time became more limited.

Justin said...

Yup, Staab is keeping it 1980s punk. It's awesome.

It's basically going to be the same dudes I always post, except it's going to be the ads from the back of those extra thick Transworlds. I started randomly flipping through them the other week and it got me motivated. Early to mid 90s stuff is nearly done for content.