Friday, March 23, 2018

Jason Adams #13.



"I grew up skating street, but the guys I always looked up to were the vert guys. I loved Ross Goodman, he was the best thing ever, and J.J. Rogers. Those are the kinds of guys I was influenced by. But we always skated street. I still look to that time for inspiration. I don't want to sound cheesey, but I still view skateboarding like that and try to apply it to today. I still think going out and doing slappy grinds on a curb is the best. That's what I grew up doing. I remember the grocery store we hung out at every day, we would just do slappys for hours. Ricky Winsor had the best slappy grind."

The Kid talks influences and curbs.

It's been a long week. I've gotten in a fair amount of skateboarding after work every day. I've just been skating the driveway at my parents house with the old portable flatbar. It still needs to warm up a little, but the sun has been out so that helps.

For the quote: Transworld - January 2004 Volume 22 Number 1

Transworld - August 2003 Volume 21 Number 8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His Label Kills part stuck out so much back when it came out. All of those young handrail chompers at the time but Jason stayed true to himself. That entire Black Label video was stellar too.