Monday, July 16, 2018

Leo Romero #5.



No shoelaces.

Leo rips up the streets as was recently documented in Thrasher for an Independent Trucks tour article and video about a trip to Australia. I like the plain pale green board with just the Toy Machine monster sticker.



So does Leo not wear shoelaces? I've been wondering about this for a while now. It doesn't seem very practical for the tricks he does. This is a screen grab from the video and it sure looks like he doesn't. Can anybody out there confirm this one way or the other?

The photos are by Joe Hammake.

Thrasher - August 2017 Volume 38 Number 8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are his pro model shoe, the fittingly named emerica laced which can be worn as a slip on due to internal tongue straps

Justin said...

Thanks. Those are some good tongue straps. I knew they were his pro model, but I didn't know about that option. I think Figgy does the same thing. I sort of figured he laced them under the tongue or something really weird.

Manuel Labor said...

I guess if you don't have shoelaces, you don't have to worry about them breaking.