Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Oli Buergin & Darren Navarrette.



Lost in a European forest.

It's a double shot of two Vert Is Dead favorites. Oli had a great part in Pontus Alv's Strongest of the Strange video where he skates to New Order. I really don't know much about the guy, just I like what I've seen. Darren recently released a DVD for his Skeleton Key company that is over 80 minutes of mostly vert and bowl skating with some token street action. I watched all of it last night and the video is comparable to an old 80s vert VHS tape. The music is nearly all killer and the skaters include legends, current rippers, guys you've never heard of, and the children of obscure 1980s pros. There's also a Jeff Grosso segment that splices modern footage with his classic section from Streets On Fire.

I took the day off from work. It was too darn windy to skateboard. I tried, but had to give up. The wind off the lake at the skatepark was so strong you actually had to adjust how much you pushed because it zipped you along way too fast. On the plus side, I stocked up on new socks and ate some gravy covered hot dogs from a local restaurant.

The photos are by Vonarburg. I am not sure on a first name so if anybody knows, let me know.

Transworld - April 1997 Volume 15 Number 4

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gravy covered not dogs, awesome! Can you tell us name of place? Need heard of such a thing but need it in my life!

Justin said...

The restaurant is called Johnny's Lunch. Supposedly they have franchise options, but as far as I know the only one is Jamestown, NY. I could very well be wrong on that. The hot dogs are sort of an acquired taste. It's a little hard to describe the gravy/sauce. I like it, but it's also maybe not the best thing ever.