Monday, January 20, 2020

Milton Martinez #2.



SOTY.

I knew this guy was redefining what it meant to go big from the assorted Creature clips I had seen in the last two or three years. I randomly included him to fill out a week at the end of 2018. Two days later he was on the overall list of Thrasher Skater of the Year candidates. Milton didn't win it then, but it was a tad surprising to see. He put the hammer down on 2019 and earned the trophy.

Milton is from Mar del Plata, Argentina. His whole family skateboards and his dad even has a pro board on a local company. He essentially grew up on skateboarding. After spending some time on the international contest tour circuit thanks to Red Bull, Converse, and Indy, Milton moved to San Francisco. He soon was hooked up with Creature for boards and the rest is history.

I'm going to do an extended look back at 2019 to start 2020. I didn't intended to do as much with recent stuff, but it sort of snowballed into something larger rather naturally so I rolled with it.

The weather around here has been unseasonably mild and mostly snow free up until this weekend. I've gotten in a decent amount of skateboarding to start the new year.

The photo is by Olman Torres.

Thrasher - January 2019 Volume 40 Number 1

No comments: