Friday, March 27, 2020

Jim Thiebaud #7.



I like how Jim always gives props to his friends and favorites with his t-shirt and sticker choices. He's wearing a Ron Chatman shirt. There are decals for Henry Sanchez, Matt Hensley, and Randy Colvin on his board.

Useless bit of trivia: The ad for Metallica's Black Album ran on the page opposite this.

Tail grab tally for the week: Five. Real maxed out with two in yesterday's ad. It would be nice to see larger photos of Tommy's backside air tail grab. It looks super cool.

Thrasher - September 1991 Volume 11 Number 9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not September 1991?

Justin said...

Yeah, I cut and pasted the wrong caption. The mag might have come out in August. I don't remember when Thrasher would mail back then.

The "Enter Sandman" single was released on July 31, 1991. I remember I got the cassette single on vacation in August.