Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Sean Young #4.



Red ply board? Craziness. I believe the story was that a couple of guys in the Anti-Hero circle had gotten hurt riding boards with a red top ply so they quit riding red boards. I've never liked the color red very much so I adopted this philosophy as well.

Sean started skateboarding in Enterprise, Alabama. He moved up to New Hampshire for a few years and then back down south to the Atlanta area. Sean later headed out to San Francisco with Jamie Thomas and Hurley. Legend has it those dudes were sleeping on the bricks at EMB. He turned pro for Anti-Hero and then faded into the ether.



Rest in peace, Jeff.

For the Grosso ad: Transworld - October 1988 Volume 6 Number 5

Thrasher - April 1996 Volume 16 Number 4

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's one of my favorite dudes from the 90's. I wish he'd pop up and give an interview and let us know how he's doing. He's one of the OG's from the peak of the Frisco days, so I'm sure he's got a lot of great stories...

Justin said...

I bet he's got some great stories to tell. I'm sure many of them aren't suitable for small children.

Unknown said...

I grew up with Sean in eprise Al. I still have videos of us on the half pipe in my back yard. Fun times!!! & Still skating

Justin said...

That's good to know.

Joe said...

Yo! "Unknown" how can we see those vids?? or can you at least describe them, tricks/gear?!?!

email me snapslapslam@gmail.com or respond I'll keep checking this post

Anonymous said...

We knew Sean Young as Alabama when he was living in New Hampshire - part of the Londonderry crew - Phil, Hurley, Foch, Rob H. (known for the broken neck in Welcome to Hell")...

Hurley is back in NH and does tattoos in Claremont at Wolf & Bee

Anonymous said...

I lived across the street from Sean in Londonderry NH. I was part of that crew. In 1994 I drove cross country to go hang out with them. I didn't know where they lived or if they were even there. I ended up finding them right away in Govt Sq. I stayed with Sean and like 6 other skaters in this tiny studio appt in the Tenderloin, back when it was REALLY rough! I partied with them for almost 2 months before heading back east. Good times! I'd love to run into Sean someday. I heard he is Georgia these days. Can't seem to find him online.