Friday, December 31, 2021

Cody Chapman #2.



"The sickest Derby story I have is my 21st birthday. Raven Tershy got a taco truck to pull up, we had all the homies from SC, SF, and Oakland. Homies were jumping over fires with the moped, glasses were shattering, it was epic. What else could you ask for?"

Cody is one of those all terrain rippers who somewhat flies under the radar. From growing up in Santa Cruz, Emmanuel Guzman is a big influence on his skating. I like how Cody mixes transition, street, and natural street transition stuff. I also like that he rides for Lakai. He had turned pro for Omar Salazar's Doom Sayers in 2019 before getting the call from Evan Smith about riding for UMA Landsleds. The rest is history.



It was another springlike day in December so I got to skateboard for a long time this afternoon once last night's rain finally dried up. Things weren't really clicking at first, but I got all my dumb tricks together eventually. Twas a nice end to the year.

Happy New Year!

The photograph is by Brian Gaberman. The art is by Griffin McPartland and Nathaniel Russell. Russell is one of the creative minds behind UMA.

For the quote: Thrasher - October 2020 Volume 41 Number 10

Thrasher - January 2022 Volume 43 Number 1

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

Nice height and form!

Happy New Year - hope 2022 is good for everyone.

Justin said...

Thanks.