Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Ben Kadow.



Ben is from Brewster, New York, which is a small town north of New York City. He would skateboard at a park in nearby Connecticut when he was growing up since there weren't many local spots. Ben enjoys food and probably would be a cook if he wasn't sponsored. He rode for 3D prior to lacing up his skates for Hockey. For entertainment, he listens to WFMU and watches the NY Yankees. He likes Cheez-Its. Ben's skating is on the hardcore side and he'll often do tricks that are more difficult than they should be. This usually involves a 50-50 or boardslide in a tight space or over a gap at a spot most skaters would skip. It took me a while to figure out what I thought of Ben before deciding I was a fan. His Triple Backflip part where he skates to a bunch of weird noises was a big plus in my book. Although I don't care for the Yankees, knowing that he watches baseball is cool, too.

I've been lurking Skate Twitter for a bit and mostly like it. Hit me up at justingoetz. My account is private because I like to keep when I take my lunch break a secret so send me a follower request.

Thrasher - June 2018 Volume 39 Number 6

2 comments:

nonickname said...

With it only being the start of May and the Yankees are already 4 1/2 games in the lead of the AE East, I can honestly say I'm not a fan either.

Justin said...

It's a long season. The Rays will probably win it in the end, although I'd like to see the Jays take the division. I'm ticked they swept the Royals this last weekend.