Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tim McKenney #2.



"As a kid growing up, I went to demos. I went to the Swatch Watch tour at Hillsdale Mall, saw Rodney Mullen do his yo-yo, and was more stoked than I've ever been. Seen Cab 360˚ air over a fuckin' Honda, made my day. I wish someday I could do that for some little kid. If he comes up and goes, "Hey you're Tim. It's nice to meet you." I'd sit there and go, "You know what? It's nice to meet you." Many times I've done that and had some guy go, "Who the fuck are you? Get out of my face." That's kind of a let-down, it kind of breaks your heart for that second, but at the same time, I'm going to do it right. I'm going to go, "Hey, what's up, kid?" Give him an autograph. If I got some stickers or some product, give him that, make his day. I know that made my day when I was young. Get a little product, you're on top of the fucking world for the next month. Like a set of wheels, costs the dude 6 bucks to make, it's like a million dollars to you for some reason. It really means a lot, and I hope I can give some back, because I've gotten a lot. Just little things here and there, but it's meant the world to me. I hope I could do that for some other little chump just like myself when I was a little chump. It'll make me happier. It'll make me stronger. It'll make me feel like I'm doing something for mankind. I ain't walking on the moon, but for that second I will feel like I'm walking on the moon."

Today's episode of Vert Is Dead is for the kids.

For the quote: Thrasher - July 1997 Volume 17 Number 7

Thrasher - November 1997 Volume 17 Number 11

1 comment:

iSapien1956672 said...

steezy back tail, and an awesome quote.