Friday, April 24, 2015

Salman Agah #4.



Powell Peralta to Real to The Firm to Real to Black Label to running a pizza shop.

I watched Salman's part in Black Label's Black Out video from 2003 the other night. For being a big guy, he is nimble enough on his feet to spin backside 180 nosegrinds to 180 out. That's a beautiful looking trick when it is done right. Thrasher's 1993 SOTY still has a board out on Black Label's Legend Division.

I like the music in the new part from Alien Workshop featuring Frankie Spears. The kid rips.

Thrasher - January 1999 Volume 19 Number 1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you comment on how big Salman is here. I always thought that Salman was tall as well as big. I just assumed that for over 20 years, when one day I saw him at AWH in Chicago. He was barely 5' 5". I was so astounded by that!

Unknown said...

That’s shocking to me as well— I would have guessed at least 6’ tall, maybe 6’2”!!!

Justin said...

It's not like he weighs 120 lbs. Wasn't there a quote where somebody told Sal that Arto already did a nollie back lipslide down a particular handrail and he said, "He didn't do it in this body"?