Thursday, November 12, 2015

Kevin "Spanky" Long #4.



"When asked who I thought would win, I always said, "I don't care as long as it's Billy Marks or Spanky." With Billy and his white pants stumbling into 13th, I put all my money on Kevin. Conscious or not, Spanky put together the kind of run that even the street purists like to see - ollie based, more-tech-than-big-air-oriented, and with a calm, flowing style. These are the kinds of runs that Eric Koston does, incidentally. Kevin backside 180d the big rail the hard way to flat, spun well-sprung 270 backside flips over the pyramid hips, hit up the big rail and looked good doing all of it. It's nice to have a Tampa Am champ that everyone can get behind. Good, one, Kev. He won the mini Ducati motorcycle which he ride straight into the pro ranks, as far as I'm concerned." - Michael Burnett

Kevin won the Tampa Am in 2003 and turned pro for Baker sometime after.

For the quote: Thrasher - May 2003 Volume 23 Number 6

Thrasher - June 2003 Volume 23 Number 6

No comments: