Monday, January 15, 2018

Ron Chatman #8.



Dear Skateboarding.

Polar recently did a collaboration with Dear, Skating. Dear, Skating is the project of Chris Lipomi that celebrates skateboarding's past. The results were some boards and shirts with art by Ron Chatman that is similar to the drawings in this ad for Milk. The batch of goods turned out pretty neat. I got the team board with the stripes for Christmas. I always wanted a deck with only horizontal stripes for graphics and I finally got one.



I still haven't gone skateboarding this year. We're stuck with winter. Not that it has been particularly bad, it just seems to snow enough on my days off that a trip to an indoor park isn't possible. Things might finally warm up enough for next weekend. I think a bit of an offseason has been a good break to rest my tired old bones and joints.

I'm going with early 1990s stuff for the next month or so. I'm working on writing a couple of spot stories, too.

Thrasher - December 1992 Volume 12 Number 12

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good sequence, even if I thought Ron was washed up at the time.

Unknown said...

Hope u enjoyed break, look forward to ur spot checks

Justin said...

It was nice. Could have been a little warmer.