Monday, June 29, 2020

Wayne Patrick.



Worldwide.

It's going to be a quick look back at Global for the shortened holiday week. This was Chris Gentry's company before he started the almighty Kingdom Skateboards with his wife Ricca in 1996. I believe Chris had been riding for Other Level, a Select (Vision) backed brand, prior to Global. I'm making an educated guess that the new company used Select for the boards. The addresses are different, but both are in Costa Mesa. The team included Chris, George Nagai, and Wayne Patrick. Global was not around for very long, probably only six or seven months tops.

Wayne is from Houston, Texas. I honestly don't know all that much about the guy so that's why I started this off with him.

The photographs are by Chris Ortiz.

Transworld - December 1995 Volume 13 Number 12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

411vm 16 wheels of fortune was epic! He had a section in Static 2- Houston Heads...set to a sick Modest Mouse jam

Justin said...

I did see that there was a Static 2 section with him, but I never found the time to watch it. I'll get around to checking that out eventually.