Monday, September 14, 2020

Brad Staba #3.


Sweatpants.

I'm going to spend the next two weeks looking at Toy Machine from fall 2001 through to the end of 2002. This was the period where everybody quit and Ed Templeton had to rebuild the team. I went a tad overboard on the feature, but it all looked good spread out on the basement floor. I didn't know what to omit so I put everything in. If you're a big fan of Caswell Berry, this is going to be your moment. Surprisingly I hadn't posted any of these before and had forgotten what many of the ads looked like so this feels fresh.

Brad is from the Cleveland, Ohio area. He moved out to California and eventually settled in Walnut Creek. He has ridden for Foundation and enjoi in addition to Toy Machine. Brad expanded his Skate Mental company to include skateboards around about 2007. As of 1999, some of the bands he likes are Bjork, The Breeders, De La Soul, and The Swirlies. Brad is into photography and might play the drums.

The photo is by Jon Humphries. I believe the illustration is by Andrew Pommier.

For the info: Transworld - October 1999 Volume 17 Number 10

Thrasher - October 2001 Volume 21 Number 10

No comments: