Friday, September 18, 2020

Toy Machine Team 2002.




Ed pieced together a new Monster Squad to start 2002 and had a full crew by the fall. Most of these guys stuck around for a long time. In fact, Billy Marks and Josh Harmony are still on the team to this day. Diego came over from Think as an established veteran pro so that helped get the rebuilding process off to a good start.

I dig how Ed included the first logo ever in the new ad.

On a non-Toy Machine note, I purchased a pair of the Lakai Mike Carroll OG reissues and have been skating in them. The soles are on the thicker side, but I am OK with that. It means they will last longer. The upper is fairly faithful to the original. Or it is close enough to what I recall a shoe from twenty years ago looking like. I'm glad Lakai made this shoe happen again (and did a good job at it) because the first Carrolls were one of my favorite models.

Rebuild The Broken: Thrasher - March 2002 Volume 22 Number 3

New Millennium: Thrasher - October 2002 Volume 22 Number 10

No comments: