Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Gilbert Crockett #7.




Denim Car.

Gilbert put together a part for Quasi that features him driving around in a denim covered automobile. I'm sure it was a project to get all the fabric to stick to the car. I like the aesthetic Quasi has going with their art and videos. They've captured this odd 1990s Midwestern cable access Guided By Voices mood that is really wonderful. Denim Car is one of my favorite parts of the year and I think Gilbert is one of my current favorite skaters. The video feels genuine.

As an added bonus, here's Gilbert's Who's Hot from 2007:



Joey Shigeo took the mysterious photo and Seu Trinh took the falling photo. Joey also took the picture for the Who's Hot.

Both: Transworld - May 2008 Volume 26 Number 5

Who's Hot: Skateboarder - February 2007 Volume 16 Number 6

1 comment:

Justin said...

Have a good weekend! Vert Is Dead will be back on Monday, November 28th.

I recycled part of the words for this post from a comment I left on the Mostly Skateboarding blog.