Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Steve & Alex Olson.


The Freight Train & The Greyhound.

Steve teams up with his son Alex to do some doubles at the Supreme bowl in Los Angeles. You don't see doubles covers very often, which is probably a good thing and maybe the only time skateboarding actually does something in moderation. That's why this image occurred to me when I was picking out mags to scan. This is also unique in that Steve was on the cover of Skateboarder back in 1979 and Alex made the front in 2005. I'm not really sure what they were going for with those nicknames. Their interview was a whole bunch of hilarious bickering back and forth about stuff.

Note: I filled in the white box for the address label since it was an easy fix.

The photograph is by Giovanni Reda.

Skateboarder - November 2007 Volume 17 Number 3

No comments: