Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Byron Kothe.



Byron was a Schmitt Stix am.

Back in the day, the shop in my town did have Schmitt products as a result of carrying Vision. My friend had the gigantic SS Radial wheels with the metal cores. I believe they were a millimeter bigger than the T - Bone. SS Radials were super hard urethane, too. Probably not the best wheels for street and mini ramp action. I had a set of Schmitt Stix rails, but I don't ever remember putting them on a board. I usually used Powell Peralta rails before switching to Santa Cruz Cellblock rails, which slid way faster. I think if I could get a set of SMA World Industries Skinny Little White Boy rails today, I would put them on my board for old times sake.

Eric Bose took the pictures.

Thrasher - July 1989 Volume 9 Number 7

1 comment:

Old School Sammy said...

The Original Schmitt Stix Rail were better than the Powell ones by far--plus, they came in cooler colors! LOL