Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kevin Wilkins.



Ortho Stevens was by Kevin Wilkins and appeared in a 1996 Tum Yeto catalog that featured cartoons by Ed Templeton, Gustavo Vargas, Tod Swank and Cleon Peterson. It's interesting to note that in many skate comics the story involves the character being caught in some undesirable place or going through a series of mundane activities before going skateboarding in the last panel.

Kevin used to be a writer and staffer at Transworld until the Skateboard Mag started in 2004. He does all those things at the Mag to this day.

When I got on the mailing list for Tum Yeto, they would send me the catalogs to my real name. At some point in the late 1990s, the catalogs started being addressed to Busta Rhymes. Thanks, guys. It made me laugh every time I got the mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Ortho may have been in Homeboy as well.