Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Steaming The Glue.



This is some bizarre Poweredge weirdness by Little Ricky mocking Gleaming The Cube.

Of particular note is the "Elvis had a stinky butt" t-shirt the one character is wearing. Assuming you are of the right age, you probably remember the shirt from small black and white ads for assorted punk band t-shirts that ran in Thrasher. Alongside recognizable names such as Black Flag, Sonic Youth and Bauhaus, was this mysterious shirt putting down Elvis. It made you laugh and left you confused at the same time. What was the shirt for? Was it for a band? What did it mean? Would my mom get mad if I ordered one? The only question with a definite answer was the last one, thus the shirt remains a mystery to me. I bet a bunch of college kids did wear them.

Poweredge - July 1989 Volume 2 Number 6

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny comic yet I still love Gleaming the Cube

HEAVY METAL CHUCK said...

DAMN I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT SHIRT AND WANTED ONE. HAHHAHA