Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mike Carroll #12.



"I was sick of filming, being told that I had to step it up. There were all kinds of little things that I didn't want to deal with anymore. I felt like pretty soon I was going to get a retirement part. I would talk to Rick Howard about it. We came up with this idea that we could actually do something, which became Girl."

Even though things were going well for Plan B, a few of the riders weren't happy with how some things were being done. Mike and Rick started talking and coming up with ideas for Girl, which would start in late 1993.

This photo is from the 1992 Back To The City Contest in San Francisco. It was the fourth time the contest happened. Tommy Guerrero won and Mike was second.

Bryce Kanights was the photographer.

For the quote: Skateboarder - November 2003 Volume 13 Number 3

Thrasher - December 1992 Volume 12 Number 12

No comments: