Friday, September 14, 2012

Sal Barbier #3.



"I had like two and a half to three weeks to film for that fucking thing (Questionable). All of a sudden all the pressure flips and all that shit had come in. I never really wanted to skate like that. It got to a point where there was like two and a half weeks left and I was just like, 'All right, just tell me what you want me to do, bring me there, and I'll do it.'"

I was a fan of Sal from when he was on H-Street and something always seemed a little bit different from how he skated for them versus what he did for Plan B. It was how his part was mostly difficult flatground lines instead of the variety of stuff he had done in the past. There was an aspect to Plan B with Mike Ternasky pushing the riders for the sake of progression that did not always go over well with guys in their late teens or early twenties. Mike was looking to improve and advance skateboarding for the better, along with challenge his riders to be the best that they could be. Truthfully, it is a fine line between doing a trick because it is possible over doing a trick that actually looks good with a little thought behind it.

Mike "Sleeper" Anderson was the photographer.

For the quote: Skateboarder - November 2003 Volume 13 Number 3

Thrasher - July 1992 Volume 12 Number 7

No comments: