Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hanzy Driscoll.



Hanzy is from Lake of the Pines. He grew up skateboarding with John Cardiel and Antonius "Toad" Dintcho. His favorite skaters included Rick Winsor, Cards, and Steve Olson. I'm not exactly sure if he was referring to Alex's dad or the one on Foundation. He liked the Sick Boys video, too. Hanzy rode for Scarecrow Wheels around this time as well.

I thought Adrenalin was done after Chris Senn bounced for Toy Machine, but apparently it wasn't. I dug through some forgotten issues of Heckler to find a quick interview with Hanzy and found a couple of things. He said that Adrenalin switched backers and was being distributed by Goodtimes in later 1997. I also discovered in issues of Heckler from 2001 - 2002 that there were ads for Adrenalin again. The team included Chris Senn, Jaya Bonderov, Toad, and Mike Manzoori. Jon Miner and Keagan Sauder were ams. I thought that Senn had gone to Element after Toy Machine. I think we have a mystery on our hands.

Thrasher - June 1996 Volume 16 Number 6

4 comments:

iSapien1956672 said...

there's a name that doesn't get tossed around as much as it should...

Anonymous said...

I think Chris Senn is doing something with Blood Wizard skateboards.

--Rikku Markka

Anonymous said...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=A663DzEzGOk

Clues?

Justin said...

That video needs less sound and more pixelation.

Blood Wizard is Chris Senn's company. He's got a few of the guys from Adrenalin on the team. There's a link in my list of links.