Thursday, August 6, 2015

Jesse Neuhaus #2.



Chicago's favorite son.

Jesse rode for Alva, New School, Life, and Fun in the way back when. He decided that he didn't need to be a part of the whole professional scene in California so he headed back home to the Windy City. He still skates and he still shreds. The Lettus Bee lifestyle.

Speaking of wind, it has been too breezy off the lake the last two times I've gone skateboarding. I stuck around way longer than I thought I would last night. I figured that since I'm breaking in new shoes, it's going to suck anyway.

Frank Vegas snapped the photo.

Thrasher - July 2009 Volume 29 Number 7

3 comments:

stephen said...

So rad. I really respect a dude like this. Skate for fun. I mean I'm sure it's awesome to to be sponsored and travel a lot for a bit in your teens and early twenties if you're that good, but making skateboarding your career is kinda weird. It leads to the demise of it being a subculture. Fuck that.

Justin said...

I think he doing a board company for a bit, but then decided he would rather not mix business and pleasure. This would have been more than a few years ago.

natenoal said...

He still has his board company, about 2 years ago he was visiting New Orleans and he walked by us at a local bar hanging out with Brian Anderson, Jesse was stoked to met Brian but Ba fanned out so hard on Jesse that Jesse didn't know what to do, probaly cuz he had no idea BA even knew who he was. It was really cool moment to see, a little bit awkward but cool. I'm sure Jesse was hyped that one of the most famous skaters from the late 90s and early 2000s knew who he was and was that hyped on him. He still wears those round glasses also.