Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Blockheads #2.



The classic Blockhead pro team of the late 1980s.

Dave Bergthold's creation celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. There was just something about the company that registered with me. I know everybody is big on the Powell and Santa Cruz reissues, but I like seeing the smaller brands get a bit of the spotlight, too.

I've squeezed in a little lunch break skateboarding the last couple days. I also got to roll for a long time on Saturday and Sunday. The weather is looking to stay nice, but there might be a slight chance of rain in the days ahead. I'll take as much of this mild December as possible.

The photos are by Steve Sherman and Daniel H. Sturt.

Thrasher - April 1989 Volume 9 Number

2 comments:

Justin said...

The Blockhead story:
http://skately.com/blog/dave-bergthold-blockhead-interview

Burnout:
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/burnout-blockhead-at-30/

nonickname said...

always loved the blockhead art, especially on things like the Hard Times series, but never saw any of the boards in my area and settled for the ads on my wall.