Friday, June 17, 2016

Skateboarders Driving Cars.






Reoccurring theme.

I've been compiling scans for this idea for a bit and the new Hockey ad motivated me to put this brief feature together. I know I probably missed a few variations on this, but that's fine. Work has been far too hectic lately and my brain is toast. With all the time spent driving around from spot to spot, it's only natural that skateboarders arrive at variations on the same image. Of course, Neil did it first and the best with his drawing of Eric Nash.

I guess this means Andrew Allen now rides for Hockey after he left Ant-Hero. In other small board brand news, Austyn Gillette is now pro for WKND. And I still really like Polar boards.

Andrew Allen: Thrasher - July 2016 Volume 37 Number 7

Edward Devera: Thrasher - August 1995 Volume 15 Number 8

Doug Saenz & Karma Tsocheff: Thrasher - August 1995 Volume 15 Number 8

The Neil Blender G & S graphic is from 1988.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still reading daily!

Justin said...

Thanks.