Thursday, August 24, 2017

Alex Olson #4.



"Chris Roberts made me a mixtape on VHS for my 16th birthday with all the old World Industries videos and Video Days. At the time everybody said Video Days was the best video, but you couldn't find it anywhere unless someone had a copy - which was kind of cool, too. But I saw that when I was 16 and Jason Lee and Mark Gonzales obviously marked me."

By my rough math, Alex would have turned 16 in 2003 so there was no YouTube to look stuff up on. The youth these days have it so easy, which I suppose has plenty of benefits.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how you can slappy into a feeble grind on a curb, let alone on a banister.

The Jenkem piece on nostalgia in skateboarding was an interesting read.

For the quote: Transworld - May 2015 Volume 33 Number 5

The Skateboard Mag - October 2011 Issue 91

No comments: