Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Charlie Thomas.



Give Blood.

Crimson was Kris Markovich's company after he left Blind in the mid 2000s. It did not last too long and Kris soon started the Given. The graphics featured a lot of his own art. The team included Richie Belton, James Atkin, Danny Scher, Anthony "Ragdoll" Scalamare, and a few others.

Charlie is from Louisiana. He has ridden for H-Street, G & S, Scarecrow, Hollywood, and Crimson. Charlie also served as a team manager for several companies over the years. Currently he is involved with Preservation Skateboards out of New Orleans.

I threw out the pair of shoes I had been skating in for the last four months when I got home last night. They smelled really bad. The left sole was down to the insole by the toes and the duct tape wasn't sticking. The heels were worn out, but that was more from daily wear for the few months I wore them to break in. Did I mention they smelled really bad?

Skateboarder - October 2007 Volume 17 Number 2

4 comments:

Henry said...

You gotta get some Dr. Scholl's shoe powder. I'm borderline obsessive about that stuff. It keeps your shoes April fresh.

CT said...

Thanks for the shout out !

Charlie Thomas

Unknown said...

Danny wys ct shout always funny

Justin said...

Thanks for stopping by, Charlie.

I get that skate shoes aren't going to smell great, but the last pair just got rank all of a sudden. It's not a huge deal since I only wear them for skating. However, I was noticing the smell when I'd go by my door so it was time for them to go. The holes and lack of grip were a big influence, too. I got used to riding Hufs and Fallens down to the bitter end. éS didn't have that extra life to them.