Monday, April 23, 2018

Mark Appleyard #3.



We the North.

Before winning Skater of the Year in 2003, Mark Appleyard got his start on True Skateboards. True was based out of the Saint-Laurent borough of Montreal. Mark would go on to ride for Birdhouse, Element, Flip, and Habitat. That graphic is a little unsettling.

I scanned a bunch of stuff from the 1998 issues of Big Brother that I have. I had intended to include some of the funny articles, but none of them seemed all that appealing. The humor hasn't aged great and Big Brother appreciation has been overdone anyway. The stories are all still really funny, it simply didn't seem worth the effort. So I picked out a bunch of skateboarding stuff that has probably been on the internet already.

I forgot how to skate my local park. Nothing felt right on Saturday, but I think I remembered yesterday. It's not cold out now.

Ryan Allan was the photographer.

Big Brother - October 1998 Issue 41

No comments: