Monday, October 15, 2018

Carl Shipman #5.



Airs above the English Channel.

I figured with DC recently focusing on their mid to late 1990s history that now would be a good time to take a look at some of their ads from that time span.

I had a pair of the Clockers in black. I liked the design, but they were shaped a little differently with the groove in the midsole. I don't think that was ever a factor since it wasn't a very deep groove. They were good enough for skating as far as I can recall, but I honestly don't remember much about the shoes.

I always liked this photo for simply how high Carl is blasting and the somewhat dramatic use of flash.

The photo is by Wig Worland photo.

Transworld - May 1996 Volume 14 Number 5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had navy clockers, I liked them a lot. had more dc s than any other brand back in the 90s. But don't skate them much anymore except a pair i got at Marshalls for $25, but will say its durable. Almost want them to blow out so I can throw them away