Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Jim Menscer.



Home: Jersey.

Favorite terrain: Streets, any good hill or steep banks to hit. I like railings, crazy railings, or a big ollie. I just like to skate down a street and hit stuff, anything that's fun. I like ramps also, ramps are always fun. I'll skate anything, I don't care.

Inspirations: Ricky Oyola, Matt Reason, and this kid I see in Philly. He's so good. I think his name is Evan. He's got style.

Music: Superchunk, Sebadoh, Fugazi and Engine Kid are a few favorites. I generally like punk or jazz.

Sponsors: I ride for Screw Skateboards and Transit Wheels.

Thanks: Bob Losito, my family and my friends, especially my mom, Jay, Rock, Tom, and Andrej.

I think this qualifies as a big ollie. Jim also rode for Capital at some point and had a few tricks in couple of Transworld videos.

The photograph is by Ryan Gee.

For the information: Thrasher - February 1996 Volume 16 Number 2

Transworld - December 1997 Volume 15 Number 12

3 comments:

nonickname said...

Damn...I had to go play Driveway to Driveway after seeing the music list. And those Oyola's wouldn't look out of place now but I'm guessing look pretty much like most etnies/airwalks at the time.

Henry said...

Yeah, this post takes you back.

Justin said...

His music picks made me smile. I still like Superchunk, but I always skip 'em when they come up on iTunes shuffle. I think I wore the band out back in college.

The Oyolas do look sharp. I fear the soles might have been just a bit too thick.