Friday, October 12, 2018

Steve Olson #5.



Above the clouds.

Steve is from Tacoma, Washington. He sent a sponsor-me tape to Foundation and Tod Swank started hooking him up with boards in the early 1990s. Steve would turn pro for the F-Troop. He went on to be Shorty's second pro when Tony Buyalos decided to expand from bolts to boards in the mid 90s. Later, Steve would ride for Creation Skateboards before retiring from the professional ranks. He opted to ride for Kastel because a friend was working as the team manager. He still skateboards and is spending a lot of time working on his music these days.

Transworld - December 1998 Volume 16 Number 12

5 comments:

Justin said...

A somewhat recent interview with Steve at the Chrome Ball Incident:

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2017/12/chrome-ball-interview-110-steve-olson.html

Henry said...

I don't think I would wear those kicks. Green, white, orange, black triangles? I can't imagine putting those on and thinking, "Alright, looking good!"

Anonymous said...

Legend.

nonickname said...

whenever I see a Steve Olson ad I think of the dummy with the 'fro wig going over the back side of hubba and it always makes me smile.

Unknown said...

Haha Henry