Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Sam Cunningham #5.



"I put a board together once every two weeks. That's if I skate every day, then I put a street board together. A ramp board lasts me a year. Pool boards about once a month. I don't like skateboards with any jagged edges or the tail too worn down."

Sam talks about board care in an old Poweredge interview. I set up a new deck every two to three months. I've been riding boards a bit longer lately, but three months is always the cutoff point. I like them when they are a little more broken in. Wheels are good for a year and trucks last forever.

The photo is by Hunter Kimball.

For the quote: Poweredge - July 1989 Volume 2 Number 6

Thrasher - February 1989 Volume 9 Number 2

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a rad photo

Unknown said...

Thats still a rad photo