Friday, November 8, 2019

Austin Stephens #6.



I've heard about Saturday nite.

Austin opens up the team montage part in Brainwash. He cruises along doing a bunch of pole jams and big ollies. There are blunt and tail slides. His ender is a kickflip into a tall and narrow banister. My favorite trick is a huge frontside pop shove-it off a little kicker thing.

One thing about Brainwash is that it is a fairly brief video and considered more a promotional flick. It has full parts, but most tend to be on the shorter side. The new riders are introduced with comprehensive sections and there is a montage of the vets. A key factor that made it shorter was that a few of the guys had been working on other projects so footage was limited. This makes for a more watchable video because anything much past a half hour tends to be drag, especially if you want to go skateboard. I wish the DVD didn't glitch out on my player and I could watch Brainwash more often. I'm not sure if it is the disc itself or my machine. I feel it might be a combo of both.

Michael Burnett was the photographer.

Thrasher - December 2008 Volume 28 Number 12

No comments: