Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Leo Romero #6.



"As far as retirement goes, I don’t think the term actually applies in skateboarding. It’s been a 24/7 slumber party for me. I don’t know what I want to do really. I’m always going to go on trips, even when I retire. I will still be skating for as long as possible. I think of it more as making room for new guys. There is just not enough pie left and I want to see the new kids get a little piece of what’s left."

Leo had the closing part in Brainwash. It featured his high speed assault on a variety of handrails. There are a lot of switch heelflips, too. He blasts some big ollies and displays a mastery of flip tricks done while moving very fast. Supposedly he was not thrilled with how his part in Emerica's Stay Gold turned out so he wanted to do better for himself in the Toy Machine video. Leo was awarded Thrasher's Skater of the Year for his efforts in 2010. As a side note, he was wearing shoelaces in his shoes for Brainwash.

And that wraps up a look back at the last Toy Machine video. Their new one, Programming Injection, is out now online and in the physical DVD format. Brainwash is a decent little video that gets you excited about going skateboarding. It's cool to see that nearly everybody is still on the team and has a couple of tricks in the latest project.

Griffin Collins was the photographer.

For the quote: Thrasher - November 2019 Volume 39 Number 11

Thrasher - July 2010 Volume 30 Number 7

No comments: