Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Rodrigo Tx. #2.



I'm all for well padded cupsole shoes, but éS, DC, Osiris, and others were really pushing the limits of practicality with their designs twenty years ago. So many of the models were just so big, bulky, and technical that they flat out didn't look great. As always, this is case of skateboarding not knowing when to say when on an idea. Refer to small wheels, baggy clothes, and ripoff graphics as other examples of this phenomenon.

The sequence is by Atiba Jefferson.

Transworld - August 2001 Volume 19 Number 8

3 comments:

Justin said...

I spelled phenomenon correctly first try and without resorting to Google or the dictionary. Go me.

Nonickname said...

But having drawn attention to that word I now have LL Cool J in my head...so that's not ideal.

But more on topic I saw some multicoloured Es symbols at my local which were gawd-awful in so many ways.

Justin said...

Yeah, the Symbols do not look so great. I was toying with the idea of buying a pair of the beefier reissues until I spent the time looking at the shoes.

I do like the Silo model, which is a more streamlined and modern take on year 2000 technical footwear.