Friday, May 15, 2020

Creature.






Darren is from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Al and Sam are from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and used to be locals at the Turf Skatepark. All three joined up for the first go round of Creature in the 1990s and all three came back for the resurrection in 2005. Close followers of the website know that I am a big fan of Creature. I think it is awesome how three guys who grew up skateboarding together are on the same team for a successful company. I’m always down to buy a new Creature video and I wear the shirts all the time, too. Based on both his skating and what he says in interviews, I’m of the opinion that Navs is one of the best guys in skateboarding. Parts is flat out sick on board and it seems like he is doing stuff to promote skateboarding by helping to build parks in faraway locations. I like how Hitz keeps the underground metal and noise going every month in Thrasher.

The photos are by Ed Dominick, Darin Back, Brendan Klein, and Grant Brittain.

Darren: Thrasher - April 2009 Volume 29 Number 4

Thrasher - October 1995 Volume 15 Number 10

Al: Thrasher Photo Annual 2008

Sam: Thrasher - September 1997 Volume 17 Number 9

1 comment:

Rikku Markka said...

I love Creature. The 'Born Dead' and 'Black Metal' vids are the best. The thing that I like most about those vids is that the team is skating together. Spending all day at a new park with your friends is what makes it. And those vids showed that in abundance.