Friday, August 7, 2020

Ben Gore #4.

 

"They would send me those black boards with the white letters saying “World” on the bottom. I remember I would always spray paint the “L” black so it just said “Word” (laughs). I got a little older and ended up just quitting, even though they were paying me at the time which seemed pretty crazy. But I quit and just went sponsor-less for a little while."

Ben recalls being an amateur on World Industries before becoming the face of the franchise at Magenta. I'm a big fan of his approach to skateboarding. I dig the "hillbully" name tag, too.

Is everything looking OK with the layout? Blogspot changed their user interface and I think I'm setting posts up the way I want them to look. Knowing HTML is a big help.

The photographs are by Jean Feil and Richard Hart

For the quote: Transworld - February 2017 Volume 35 Number 2

Trashy hippie: Transworld - June 2015 Volume 33 Number 6

Hillbully: Transworld - July/August 2018 Issue 393

No comments: