Friday, August 28, 2020

Ryan Townley.


Mazzy Star.

Ryan is from Anaheim, California. He turned pro for Welcome in 2018. Indy, Converse, OJ, and Bronson also give him free stuff. He closed out Fetish with a part full of big ollies, wallrides, kickflips, late shove-its, and fastplants. Ryan does a really nice backside kickflip over a wall and a fakie bigspin over a bump to bar, if I caught that one correctly. His specialty is boardslides, sometimes with an early grab out. His last trick is a sizable kickflip to wallride. The man rips.

This wraps up my look at Welcome. Fetish is one of my favorite videos of the last few years. It also features skating from Rick Fabro, Roman Pabich, and Aaron Goure. I'll do posts on them sooner or later, even though Roman isn't on the team any longer. Opener Ryan Lay is a freaking national treasure and it's cool that skateboarding has people such as him involved with it. I'm not big on riding shaped boards, but I dig the whole vibe of Welcome. I think the art is great and the music supervision for their videos is perfect. I like the t-shirts, too.

Alex Papke was the photographer.

Thrasher - July 2017 Volume 38 Number 7

No comments: