Monday, January 17, 2022

Na-Kel Smith.



Na-Kel is from Los Angeles, California. He started skating in the fifth or sixth grade. His first board was a City Stars with burgundy Orions for trucks. Na-Kel rides for FA, Adidas, Supreme, Thunder, and Spitfire. He cites the original Steve Olson as an underground legend. I liked the kickflip backside 50-50 he did on a NYC handrail to end the 420 E. 9th Street video from November of 2021.

I like most of the skaters on the combo of FA, Hockey, and Supreme, but I don't keep up with all the entertainment content they produce. I really liked the Triple Backflip part Ben Kadow released in July. The experimental sound design by Doug Hock was cool. We also learned in Ben's Thrasher interview that he watches Yankee games on YES. That is somehow neat to me, even though I'm not a fan of the Yankees. I will watch their games from time to time, depending on what else is on.

For the info: Thrasher September 2014 Volume 35 Number 9

Thrasher - October 2017 Volume 38 Number 10

No comments: