Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mike Carroll.



Mike went pro at the same time as Rick Howard. This ad was on the next page in the magazine from yesterday's post. In terms of layout, Rickoo had the better debut ad. H - Street was kind of corny and they packed too much little text on the page. I'm someone who really liked H - Street, but now some of their stuff makes me cringe. Oh, well. Both the frontside one foot ollie and nose grind to nose blunt slide aren't seen too often, so Mike had a good choice of obscure tricks. The park he is at is the Powell Peralta Skatezone, one place I wish I got to skate.

Mark Waters snapped the photos.

Transworld - June 1991 Volume 9 Number 6

4 comments:

smorales said...

I can't believe I have been sleeping on this site. I'm in love with so many of the previous posts I had a list as I was going through but it got too long.

Crazyfool said...

lovely blog.. the 90's' where it's at! gotcha link'd. keep on!

Keith said...

Great blog.

Glad I found it.

Anonymous said...

Didn't even know I shot that ad... or else I knew and forgot. Remember the photos, though. Nice site. Thanks Matt Willigan for the link!