Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ricky Winsor #4.



This feels about right to follow a Ben Schroeder post.

There's something wonderful about seeing lifestyle shots like this. You get that glimpse into the life of your favorite pro. Given that this would have been shot on film, a degree of editing or self control would have gone into the photo taking, although I doubt the photographer was really thinking about such a thing when the photo was being taken. It was probably more along the lines of a spontaneous decision to take a picture of Ricky eating some Burger King.

Hunter Kimball took the photos.

Thrasher - July 1989 Volume 9 Number 7

3 comments:

antoinucci said...

oh, I love this pic ! I used to stare at it as a kid.
I even wrote a little something about it on a blog :
http://la-lodge.blogspot.com/2010/04/dorkness-it-should-be.html

thanks again.

Justin said...

That's cool.

I know this has been posted before elsewhere, but I had it sitting on my computer for a year or two and felt it needed to go online. Just the feeling it gives off is amazing. I dig the package design on the old Burger King wrappers.

antoinucci said...

I actually couldn't find it anywhere, I've had to scan it my self then.
I really dig that "lifestyle vibe"…