Monday, September 21, 2015

Rob Welsh #3.



Rob goes uphill for a backside noseblunt slide.

I had at least one pair of these shoes. The Delta was a little odd and sort of plain, but I liked them. They had a good cupsole and a decent amount of padding. I think they did develop weird creases across the toe. I'd like to see skateboarding footwear return to shoes like this instead of the current fascinations with boat shoes and white toe caps.

Ben Colen took the photo.

Thrasher - January 2002 Volume 22 Number 1

2 comments:

nonickname said...

I like the "heavier" models es is bringing back and although I'll never wear any of them some of the recent dc shoes (millers) look comfy instead of flappy vulcs that seem made of onion skin thin suede. I love the uppers of my half cabs but my next shoe is going to be a cupsole.

Justin said...

I haven't checked out the new eS line as yet. I would never wear DC at this point either, but a couple of their shoes look decent. I'm sort of liking HUF, but they don't seem to have much in the way of cupsoles at the moment. I'm seriously considering trying New Balance when I need some new kicks.