Thursday, October 24, 2019

Ryan Gallant.



Kevin: Well, do you have the latest Pixies album?

Bruce: Yeah, but it sucks. All that new stuff sucks, but it's over there.

Kevin: You know, actually I was thinking of getting into something vintage. Anyway...I don't know, maybe The Doors?

Bruce: Really! Never had you figured for a Doors fan.

Ryan is from Southboro, Massachusetts. He was introduced to the skateboard world at large in the Coliseum shop video from 2002, P.J. Ladd's Wonderful, Horrible Life. The video showcased the talents of Boston area rippers Alexis Sablone, P.J. Ladd, Colin Fiske, Southie, and Jereme Rogers. Ryan had a very strong part full of well done flip tricks, big ollies off flat, and speedy ledge lines set to the music of The Doors. His hardflips are on point. He rode for Expedition, joined the reboot of Plan B, and switched back to Expedition. DC and Circa have sponsored his feet over the years. Ryan is presently doing a company called Visit.

The weather has been mixed the last few days. It's been very windy with intermittent batches of rain. I've gotten in some skateboarding after work in the driveway at my parents. I have to build a little moveable ledge type of thing because the old portable flatbar isn't really cutting it. Everything did dry up and the wind calmed down so I hit up the park later last night, too.

I had nothing for yesterday's post. I had a couple of ideas I was mulling over, but I never bothered to put the words together. They probably weren't all that great to begin with. I've decided to focus a little more on content from the 2000s moving forward, which is something I've been doing the last few months. Enough time has passed that those years can be looked at with a critical eye.

The photo is by Mike Blabac.

Transworld - June 2006 Volume 24 Number 6

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

Doesn't Kevin have a brooch on his jacket in that sketch?

Justin said...

A check of the YouTube says no. He's got a weird neck tie thing and his jacket has some type of military insignia on the left sleeve.